When Google Buzz was introduced, it was totally rudimentary. It took almost a year to bring in fixes, by then they had taken BUZZ offline, which people began to enjoy, to bring in the Google+ Circles.
Google+ Circles was hailed as, “The Next” to what was required by Google for social networking. It was an invite only in the beginning, everyone was rushing in to get an account. The first few who got invited was getting to know everyone, yes it was a small place with a small population at a high altitude over sea-level. As population grew circles with interests started being created. One could add a particular person in to 2 circles, so on an so forth and read filtered news to those particular circles or the entire circle of friends.
Google+ Circles is opposite to Google+ Communities in every respect.
In Google+ Circles you gather your friends to read about their interests. In Google + Communities people are gathered around a particular interests.
In came the G+ communities with much fanfare. It was no different from Facebook Groups or any other groups for that matter. It is just groups that is Christened Communities.
Google need to incorporate basic mod ability in communities such as
1. A mod should be able to move posts from one category to the other
2. A submitter should be able to move post from one category to the other
3. Mod should be able to delete a comment as of now they can only flag it for abuse.
4. Muting a post should not bring it up in the community stream visible to the user who muted it.
5. The mod is to be able to view any posts that is marked as spam.
6. There need to be post moderation queue.
7. Community users should have to PM or email the mods. Can the communities not have a community mod email system.
8. Traffic stats: How may posts today, how many page-views, how many uniques. Better get the community linked to Analytics.
9. Ban User and banned users module
10. Have a list of approved submitters, this would avoid people flagging posts spam just for the kicks
11. Reported links module.
12. CSS edit ability gives mods the ability to theme their community.
13. Ability for a submitter to submit a posts into both Communities and Circles in one go, rather than sharing into Circles and Communities.
14. Not have multiple copies of every post show up in the timeline.
The Google+ Community is equally rudimentary as BUZZ in the initial stages, are we going to see a close of both Google+ Circles and Google+ Communities and another rudimentary product. Is Google just trying to pull users away from its competitors.
In short anything free and not advert placed does not function properly.